this blog is for anyone who wants to get information about trans people and the rest of the LGBTQ community. richard would love it if you wanted to be an admin of this group, just leave your email address in the ask box!
10.5 Months on T.
Only a month and a half left to wait til top surgery!! Getting super stoked!
PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE DON’T SCROLL PAST THIS.
Scarleteen is a vital queer and trans positive sexual health resource. Their staff do an amazing job of creating really comprehensive and helpful articles on literally every sexual topic you can imagine. They also provide live chats, advice columns, moderated discussion forums, and SMS-based peer support. This site has helped me on countless occasions, and I refer at-risk queer and trans kids to this site every single day.
Scarleteen is invaluable.
And Scarleteen needs your help.
During their annual donation drive this year, the site was only able to raise $1,500. Only fifty people out of Scarleteen’s 350,000 unique monthly visitors contributed to the fundraising drive.
This means that unless Scarleteen sees a stable, sustained, 50% increase in donations, the site will essentially be forced to go dark on May 1. No more new content, no more advice columns, no more forums, no more live chat, no more SMS support.
This is devastating.
If Scarleteen goes dark, millions of young people, vulnerable queer and trans teens among them, will lose access to essential, fundamental sexual health resources. We cannot let this happen.
Please, please, please donate to Scarleteen. Consider making a recurring monthly contribution if you feel that this is within your means. Even $5 or $10 a month will go a long way to helping this very, very deserving organization.
And whether or not you’re able to donate at this time, please signal boost this and spread the word. Scarleteen does incredible, very necessary work, and they need our help.
The petition to legally recognize non-binary genders expired because it did not reach 100,000 signatures in time.
HERE IS A NEW PETITION. It expires April 20th. DO NOT LET THIS ONE FAIL AS WELL.
Here’s a lovely fundraising message from two of our organizers, Lexi and Askari! Big things to note are that we are still $12,150 away from reaching our goal!! so to close that gap we have added NEW PERKS! Please signal boost, donate, purchase perks, and give us a shoutout to your various networks! <3
Transcript of the video:
Askari: I’m Askari Gonzalez
Lexi: and I’m Lexi Adsit.
Askari: we’ve been working really hard the past couple of months to make this MAJOR thing happen, the International Trans Women of Color Network Gathering!
Lexi: We are currently at $4,550 and we need 12,150 more to make our goal!
Askari: We have recently added some amazing perks in addition to our already fabulous perks! to high-light a few, we are selling cards for Gold Dust Studio
Lexi: TWoC Legacy shirts that include and features Sylvia Rivera, Marsha P. Johnson, Miss Major, and Dorian Corey
Askari: Yes, we also have posters from Radical Design School (which are really awesome)
Lexi: Hand knitted cable mitts by Carly
Askari: signed copies of my memoir Trauma Queen and Transreal by another organizer of this Network Gathering, Micha Cardenas
Lexi: gluten-free baking lessons from Leah in Toronto (hey Leah! Shoutout!) who will also be at the AMC
Askari: and we also have Shiatsu treatment by Lamia Gibson. One of our biggest new perks is Artwork by Drew Belsky. Sorry I stole your thunder there.
Lexi: It’s fine! Go ahead. Just do the do, why don’t you.
Lexi: We would be super appreciative of any monetary donations, purchasing of perks, and signal boosting this to all your vast networks via Facebook, E-mail, Tumblr, Twitter, Reddit, text messages. Yeah, just do it! Just send it to everyone you know, your mom, your grandma!
Askari: Please, we would really love in you supporting us in creating a foundation for trans women of color to build transnational solidarity. with each other In doing this work, we can shift the current sensationalizing narratives into empowering stories we share with each other! :)
Lexi: Thanks! and donate! and share!
Askari: We love you, and thanks for your support, and we’d love to hear from you all soon.
PLEASE HELP US BOOST THIS
THIS IS SO VERY NECESSARY PLS DONATE AND BOOST TO EVERYONE YOU KNOW!!!
DONATE. DONATE. DONATE.
My mom let her facebook friends/family know what’s up regarding me just now and this is how she did it.
Heck yeah, mom.
Cutest shit I have pretty much ever seen
Okay that’s excellent
I’ve recently reached 800 followers, and in response I’m running a giveaway to say “thank you!”
What do you win?
- The winner will be able to look around and choose any item(s) related to transition that comes to a total of $40 (including shipping costs) or less.
Who can enter?
- Any trans-identified person (transmale, transfemale, non-binary, whatever else). You do not need to be following me, however anyone who is following me at the time of the drawing will have two numbers assigned to their name. All countries may enter, but make sure the item you choose can be shipped to where you are. Shipping costs are included in the “up to $40,” so make sure it doesn’t go over.
How will you choose a winner?
- Random number generator!
When will this end?
- Thursday, April 10th, at 8:00PM EST. Reblogs after that time will not be counted. The winner will be contacted sometime soon after (ask must be open).
How do I enter?
- Reblog! Likes do not count, and multiple reblogs do not make a difference.
What do you mean “any items related to transition?”
- Some examples would be: packers, chest binders, breast forms, STPs, gaffs, wigs, or clothing. Someone will probably ask, so I’ll state now that dildos do not count for this (although a “pack-and-play packer” does). If there is something else you want, ask me about it. I might say yes.
How will it work?
- I will alert the winner at the end of the giveaway. They’ll have until April 13th to decide what they want, and once they figure it out and send me a link and shipping information, I’ll OK the choice and order it to be sent to them. If I haven’t received the decision and shipping information by that time, I will choose a new winner.
What if I want something that costs more than $40?
- I’ll still order it for you, but you’ll need to send me the difference via Paypal before I’ll do so.
Some websites you may want to browse:
- http://www.underworks.com/ (binders)
- http://www.lesloveboat.com/shop/ (binders)
- http://www.tranzwear.net/ (various items for FAAB)
- http://www.janetscloset.com/ (various items for MAAB)
- http://www.peecockproducts.com/index.php (various items for FAAB)
As always, Google is your friend! Happy browsing, and good luck!
…in no particular order:
- Redefining Realness by Janet Mock
- Seasonal Velocities by Ryka Aoki
- Trauma Queen by Lovemme Corazon
- Excluded by Julia Serano
Please add your own.
- Nevada by Imogen Binnie
Obviously She’s Not There by Jenny Finny Boylan, which is several years old, so maybe that doesn’t count as “recent,” but I will never not mention JFB.